Our visual skills play a vital role in our ability to play sports. Just as practice and exercise can increase strength and speed, a sports vision training program can help athletes improve their visual fitness. Sports vision training is an innovative way for athletes to improve their abilities through a progressive program of vision drills that enhance fundamental visual skills that are critical to athletic performance.
- Dynamic visual acuity – the ability to see objects clearly while in motion.
- Eye tracking – the ability to ‘keep your eye on the ball’ or follow a moving object.
- Eye Focusing – the ability to change focus from one object to another quickly and clearly.
- Peripheral vision – the ability to see the whole field/court, people and objects ‘out of the corner of your eye’
- Depth Perception – the ability to accurately judge distance and speed of the ball and other players
- Eye-Hand or Eye-Body Coordination – the ability to use our eyes to effectively direct the movements of our hands/body.
Sports Vision works with athletes of all levels, from little league to professionals, in all sports. During our Sports Vision Evaluation we will evaluate the athlete’s visual skills and discuss treatment options.